Pisac, Urubamba, Ollantaytambo and Chinchero
TRAVEL STYLE: Full Day Tour
MINIMUM GROUP: 02 persons
DEPARTURES: Subject to availability
The SACRED VALLEY TOUR explores the stunning Sacred Valley of the Incas, which was of great significance in Inca Culture.
The Sacred Valley of the Incas has a milder climate and lower elevation than Cusco and visits a succession of picturesque villages, agricultural terraces, and archaeological sites. This region is exceptionally beautiful so be ready with your camera. This tour is the classic/traditional Sacred Valley tour where you will see the main sites (Pisac, Urubamba, Chincheros, Ollantaytambo) in one very full day. In addition to the sites we visit on this tour there are other sites of interest in the Sacred Valley that can be visited separately (Maras, Moray & Salineras, Tipon, Pikillacta, & Andahuaylillas). We recommend an overnight in the Sacred Valley in order to truly appreciate and soak up the relaxed atmosphere here. This tour can also be added on to the Machu Picchu Train tour or any Trek for the complete Cusco experience!
Minimum passengers necessary for tour departure: 2 people (small group, 1 person or private/custom treks possible with extra fee). Maximum trekkers per group: 10 people (special, private party groups can exceed maximum).
Day 01: Itinerary for Sacred Valley Tour
You will be collected from your hotel in Cusco at 8:30am and driven via private transport to 4 local communities in the Sacred Valley. From Cusco it is just over one hour to our first stop, the local community called Pisac. In Pisac you will be guided through the ruins above the town and have a chance to explore the incredible Pisac Market (biggest on Tuesdays, Thursdays and Sundays). After Pisac you will be driven for one more hour to Urubamba where you will have time for lunch at a restaurant of your choosing. Following lunch we depart again for 25 minutes to Ollantaytambo to explore the ruins there. We drive for another hour and twenty minutes to reach Chincheros where we will see the local colonial church and a little market. After we are finished exploring we return to Cusco via our private transport (one hour). You will be returned to your Cusco hotel at approximately 6:00pm.
Meeting point: your hotel in Cusco
Tour departure: approximately 8:30am
Tour finish time: approximately 6:00pm
Daily departures with 2+ people
Included in Full Day Sacred Valley Tour
- Pick-up from your hotel in Cusco
- Private Transport to Pisac, Urubamba, Ollantaytambo, Chinchero and back to Cusco
- Professional English-speaking guide who will provide the guided tour
- 1 Day Tourist Ticket for sites included in this tour
- Bottle of water and snacks
Dietary needs: Can cater to any dietary need, just let us know!
Customizations: are very welcome! Just contact us!
- Walking poles (poles must have intact rubber bottoms)
- Items of a personal nature and souvenirs
- Travel interruption & travel medical/evacuation insurance (required)
- Tip for your guide(s) and trek staff are optional but highly encouraged if you enjoy your trip
- Sunscreen: the sun is very strong in Cusco
- Sun hat
- Lip balm
- Hiking shoes/boots with good, grippy tread
- Optional: microspikes in case of excessive snowfall (rare)
- Hiking pants (or shorts) and shirts (layers)
- Torch/flashlight/headlamp (and batteries)
- Insect repellent if you plan to visit Machu Picchu
- Extra snacks if you wish (beyond snacks provided by us)
- Camera, extra memory cards, batteries and solar panel/power bank
- Water bottle or water bladder to refill
- Power plug adapter
- Travel lock(s) approved by TSA (or they cut them off – US only)
- Tickets, itinerary, emergency contact information
- Any medications you currently are taking or need/may need (see suggestions below)
- Small quick-dry pak towels and/or compostable wipes for a quick wipe down at the end of the day
What to carry – Daypacks
On the trail you should carry a day pack with your camera, water bottle or bladder, snacks, cold weather clothing and rain gear or poncho in case of rain (unlikely in dry season – May to October) . Most hotels/hostels also provide this service.
- For more information you can write to us by email [email protected].